Here is a list of 10 things that I have learned this past year. Some are things I have honestly always known but this past year served as a reminder for me and my family. If I could sum it up in one sentence it would be that Jesus is faithful. Life is difficult sometimes and God never promised us that we would never face trials but He did promise us His presence in the midst of those trials. Well here they are! Enjoy!!!
1. Following Jesus is less about where we end up and more about the change throughout the journey.
2. My job as a husband is not to change or fix my wife but to just listen and be present.
3. Stink bugs are of the devil, right up there with Duke, math, and rats.
4. We can’t expect God to bless us in the big things if we aren’t obedient in the small mundane things.
5. We could accomplish so much more in our day if we would simply just get up early.
6. The show “The Walking Dead” is like watching a train-wreck, has caused me to lose my appetite a time or two, and has made me angry several times. However, I can’t seem to stop watching.
7. It’s so much easier to teach on following Jesus than it is to live it out consistently.
8. No matter your current social status or bank account, there is no security outside of Christ…..period!
9. Sometimes the only thing between us and happiness is a good run, a good nap, or bacon.
10. Don’t end relationships based off of hearsay or assumptions. Always give the benefit of the doubt until you have all the facts.