I love food! So obviously when it comes to being thankful, I can’t pass up an opportunity to thank the turkeys who gave their lives so we could eat some good food! Thanksgiving is also a time when we are reminded of all the things we are thankful for as well as the people we should show thanks to. This is something that we should practice all year and not just one day a year. The problem is that it’s much easier to focus on our trials rather than be thankful for our blessings. Often we must choose to be thankful even when we don’t feel like it or when it seems that the bad far outweighs the good. I encourage you this Thanksgiving to write out a list of things you are thankful for. Here is a list of a few things that I am thankful for this year 2016!
- I am thankful for turkeys who gave their lives. (Hence the title)
- I am thankful for my beautiful wife Melissa and my children Jaxson, Paitlyn, and Judah. They are my world!
- I am thankful for roller coasters that go really fast and high! I could spend hours studying useless facts about them and my dream is to one day travel the world to visit the best coaster parks.
- I am thankful for Jesus, and His unconditional love that not only pursued and saved me, but continues to keep me despite the fact that I often fail.
- I am thankful for Seattle’s Best coffee! It’s there for me every morning and afternoon around 2:00!
- I am thankful for my Clayton King Ministries family as well as my North Point Church family. We were never meant to do life alone!
- I am thankful for Sushi, Cheeseburgers, med-rare steaks, and red velvet cake!
- I am thankful for parents who were strict on me as a kid, made me go to church, and taught me God’s word. I know that I wouldn’t be where I am today without their influence.
- I am thankful for Netflix shows that I can binge watch with Melissa! If you haven’t seen “Stranger Things” go do so RIGHT NOW! Your welcome!
- I am thankful for the opportunity to teach the Bible. I get emotional just thinking about the fact that God has called and allowed me to preach His gospel, and there are no words that could adequately explain the joy of seeing people respond to His love.
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name.” Psalm 100:4